CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shades of Death Road

Morning morning.
We had to write our own urban myths for English. What do you think of mine?


I felt a pang of fear as I saw her in the middle of the road. If I had not slowed down to a stop I would have knocked her over. She looked so young, about seven or eight.
The moonlight reflected off her blue eyes, making me feel even more uneasy. Something about screamed “danger”, yet, as I frantically slammed on breaks, stopping the car just meters away from her, I had become enchanted by the small figure. As I stopped the car, I looked around. She had disappeared. A few seconds later, I felt an icy breeze caress my skin…I heard a noise, it sounded like a moan. Then, I saw two blue eyes staring at me…

This was it, the moment I had been waiting for. I stepped out the house, wearing that blue dress I had been saving for all summer. It was cold outside, but there were still lots of people walking around. A little girl came up to me and asked if she could try my shoes on. “Is she mad?” I thought. “There is no way I am letting YOU try MY shoes on.” I replied. She started to cry, but I was late. I had no time for crying girls when I had a prom to attend. I turned my back on her and started on my way to the prom.

The prom was fabulous. By the time it was over, I had completely forgotten about that young girl. We, my friends and I, were on our way home. The usual route that we took was jammed with traffic, so we decided to make a detour and go down another road. We were having a blast, I started to travel a little faster than usual. I loved the feel of the adrenaline rushing through my veins. As we turned round a bend, I saw something in the middle of the road. It was too far away to tell exactly what it was. As I continued to speed down the road, the figure of the little girl came into view.

She was very pale; she looked almost like a ghost. I’ve never believed in ghosts but when she glided even closer towards me, her appearance became clearer. Her pale lips parted and a smile formed on her lips. Her eyes were cruel, serious and focused. Her fingers glided down the one side of my face, I shivered in fear. I was too frightened to say or do anything. Her hands were hard and cold, very similar to marble. I don’t remember much more. I remember feeling numb, trying to scream but no sound coming out. It was the most and last painful experience I ever had
.
Legend has it, that the girl was murdered that night. She now haunts the road (now known as Shades of Death road) that she was killed on. She looks for company and revenge. If you travel down that road at a very high speed, beware. If you are unfortunate, you will see her still dressed in her prom dress. You’ll know it’s her when you see her, she is very pale, she glides instead of walks and she is very cold. If I were you, I would enjoy this experience before she comes closer, it is the last experience you will ever have…